Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heading West - From Houston to Dallas

Things don't always go as planned. 

Butterflies in the stomach. Yikes! Today was the BIG day! Flying to Tucson.  No turning back now.  I got to Hobby airport super early.  I was able to check in my bags and go through security with no problems.  How excited and geared up I was until....

....the departure time on the screen at my gate kept changing. My flight was delayed. Delayed? What does that mean exactly? Change? A change of plans, a change of scheduling, and fear. Fear of change has always been an issue for me. Let's not change things but stick to MY plan!!!

The original departure time was at 10:20 a.m. but eventually the time got changed to 11:30 a.m. and the stewardess asked those who had connecting flights in Dallas to check at the desk. I quickly lined up. It seemed as if every passenger seated at the gate had connecting flights.  There must have been 20 people in front of me.

My hands shook with anxiety as so many thoughts raced through in my mind. "What if I miss my flight to Tucson? Will I able to get another flight? I hope they don't make me fly to somewhere like Colorado and then to Tucson."  This was another reminder that this vacation was on God's timing, not my own.

Finally I made it through the line.  Obviously I would probably miss the connecting flight in Dallas.  Thankfully the stewardess was able to put me on the 2 p.m. flight from Dallas to Tucson.  That wasn't so bad.  I was able to text Mike to let him know of a "slight" delay of landing time plans.  :)

Stuck at Hobby waiting to head west
American Airlines wasn't making a good first impression but it was all good. We finally boarded to Dallas around 11:45 a.m. So off  to the beginning of allowing God to show me things that I needed to see and learn....Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment