Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Beautiful Sedona Mountains

What worth has beauty if it is not seen? - Italian Proverb 


I have a confession.  I didn't know much about the Arizona Sedona Mountains until earlier this year.  Mike had provided me with a link as a suggestion for sightseeing.  Once I got a glimpse, my heart leaped with joy. This was a final confirmation as to why I knew I had to see Arizona. This was my destiny.


Part of the Sedona Mountains
We finally made it to Flagstaff by 3 a.m. Flagstaff is a good area to be at since Sedona is right down the road and the Grand Canyon is just a few hours away. Although we were disappointed that the hotel's hot tub was closed at that time of the morning, it was a nice treat after sightseeing the Sedona mountains.


The time change threw me off a bit so I was still up and leaping out of bed by 9 a.m. even though we had blabbed for most of the night. I made a few "check in" phone calls with my family and was quite surprised of the coolness of the air.  It reminded me so much of summers in my KY home.



Part of the Sedona Mountains

Before long we were on our way.  As we drove along the small two lane road, my eyes could not have imagined such beauty of the red mountains.  I think I scared Mike a few times with my "Ooo"s, "Aaaah"s and "Oh my Gosh!" sayings. My Sony Cybershot camera took some great photos of it all.


We had a quick lunch that afternoon in the small town of Sedona before heading up to see the Church made into the  mountains and the fantastic view.  Unfortunately we weren't able to do any hiking as the heat was horrible. I didn't care.  I finally got to see the mountains I had been dreaming about for months.  God's beauty was unimaginable!! Next stop...Grand Canyon!!!

Mike and his sweet tator fries!





Me having a yummy tuna avocado salad 

No comments:

Post a Comment