Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to Houston

Goodbye Vaca, Hello HTown!!!!!

After leaving Carlsbad, we attempted to head south to Houston yet we were exhausted and dreaded the long drive.  I was happy to see the Texas sign....Yaaah..but I was not happy to be getting back to the yucky heat and humidity.  We felt forced to spend the night in the small town of Fort Stockton, TX.   The only decent restaurant in town seemed to be the IHOP.  Surprisingly we had to be placed on the waiting list! After our hotel experience, Fort Stockton soon became our least favorite towns.  The place was overpriced with a rude staff and Mike's biggest complaint, a hot tub that was very cold!! We were very glad to be on the road again the next morning!

Houston Skyline

Halfway to Htown, we decided to stop in San Antonio for some real Tex Mex food. Aaah! It was good to be almost home.  I hadn't been to San Antonio in ages but nothing had really changed - a crowded Riverwalk, traffic, and oops...almost forgot the Alamo!  We made a promise to come back for a longer visit. Within hours, we were stuck in Houston traffic on I-10.  What a wonderful welcome home!!

Though I am sad that my first real vacation has ended, the journey has only just begun. God blessed me with the adventure of a lifetime.  Seeing His natural beauty of this Earth and having a good friend like Mike to share it with has given me the courage to follow God's lead.  May the adventures continue.....until then....appreciate every moment of this life as if it is your last.  God Bless you. :)


Mike and I in San Antonio!






No comments:

Post a Comment